CoinTracker makes cryptocurrency portfolio tracking and tax compliance simple. Our mission is to increase the financial freedom and prosperity of the world.
Some things we’re proud of:
📈 $50B+ in cryptocurrency is tracked on CoinTracker – over 5% of the entire crypto market
💲 Strong growth trajectory
🤝 Partnered with Coinbase, Uniswap, OpenSea, eToro, H&R Block and other industry leaders
💼 Venture-backed by Accel, General Catalyst, Y Combinator and other top investors
🗺️ Founders: Jon previously built TextNow (200M downloads), Chandan was previously a product manager at Google
Learn more about our mission, culture, and hiring process.
Join our tight-knit early-stage distributed team that thrives on interesting technical challenges and building magical products that improve people's lives. As an early engineer on the team, you will be responsible for evolving our production and developer infrastructure.
- Design, build and maintain the infrastructure that powers CoinTracker
- Debug production issues
- Make developer experience excellent for CoinTracker engineers
- Define and implement the systems, processes, and culture for top-notch production and developer infrastructure
- Help interview new engineers
You may enjoy this role if you
- Love building and running complex systems
- Care deeply about keeping systems efficient, performant, reliable, and healthy
- Value automating and scaling processes
- Love troubleshooting technical problems
- Relish the opportunity to improve the developer experience
Sample projects you might work on
- Automating deployment and monitoring infrastructure
- Building tooling to migrate data between cloud providers
- Isolating failure domains in shared infrastructure services to provide reliable developer experiences
Some of the technical challenges we face are
- Lots of data — billions of data points to track transactions and market pair prices
- Data structures & algorithms — automated transfer detection, cost basis tracking, tax optimization, and more. Your CS fundamentals finally come in handy!
- Scalability — some cryptocurrency users, such as algorithmic traders, accumulate millions of transactions per year. CoinTracker needs to work seamlessly for those power crypto traders.
- Blockchain — whether it's running our own nodes, implementing xPub address generation and traversal, or parsing smart contracts to seamlessly support decentralized trading, we get our hands dirty with core blockchain technology
- Technical complexity — integrating with hundreds of exchanges and blockchains, and supporting thousands of cryptocurrencies means we have to methodically architect our software and build critical monitoring systems to deliver a robust and accurate platform
- Product challenges — building a consumer finance product that works flawlessly for our global user base and through our partner integrations with top crypto exchanges, marketplaces and tax-filing software
Our tech stack is
- Web: HTML, Typescript, React, React Native, Styled-Components
- Mobile: React Native, Expo, GraphQL
- Backend: Python, Flask, GraphQL, Postgres, BigTable, Redis, Python RQ
- Infrastructure: GCP, Terraform, PostgreSQL, Docker, Pub/Sub, Datadog, PagerDuty
- You don’t need to know any or all of these, but be willing to learn!
What's it like working at CoinTracker?
We are a fully internationally distributed, tight-knit team. We have minimal process, and the majority of our time is spent working and collaborating asynchronously through tools like Figma, Github, Google Meet, Linear, Notion, Slack, Zendesk. We also stay aligned and bonded through weekly sprints, standups, all hands, and socials. We aim to empower every individual on the team with full transparency, ownership, autonomy, and clear objectives. Learn more about our guiding principles.
If this sounds exciting, we'd love to hear from you! Not sure you’re a perfect fit? Reach out anyway. We’re looking for awesome individuals, not folks who perfectly match a job posting.